1) Words will be taken from the Merriam-American Webster dictionary (any from the last 20 years) such as "panacea", "heterogenous", "photosynthesis"
2) Teams of up to 4 people or individuals may play.
3) $5 entry fee for individuals, $10 for teams. We'd like to get between 15-20 teams.
4) Double elimination play. Individuals/teams who misspell two words during play will be eliminated.
5) Play will start at 6 pm. promptly.
6) Prof. Chris Tripler will MC the event.
Play: A team or individual will be randomly assigned a number. We will go in order from 1-how many we have. The person/team will be given a word, defined, used in context, and repeated. Then, the person/team will have 30 seconds to write the word on a small whiteboard and present to the audience to see. The MC/judge will confirm the spelling is correct and move on to the next round. Round robin play will continue till we have a winner.
Prizes: The pride of knowing that you are the spelling bee champ for a year, picture on display at the brewery!
Plus a $25 gift card to the brewery to the winner, $15 for second place, and $5 for third.
All entry fees will be 100% donated to the Falls Village Daycare Center as well as 5% of sales from Lazy Hazy Housy for the night!
For example of Adult Charity Spelling Bees, here is a link: